1. When you register and use this site: You will be asked to providecertain information such as your contact details. We will store this data andhold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil ouragreement with you. Some of our services will require further details.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:(a) To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services;(b) for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) toenable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and toenable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information throughour marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions aboutyou using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting productsor services which we think will interest you from the information we have. Wemay keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers,discounts, offers, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods:email telephone (including automated calls) SMS text message and otherelectronic messages such as picture messaging post fax or otherwise (includingproducts and services of other companies and organisations) which we considermay be of interest to you. (c) To administer any prize draws or competitionsyou may enter.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us withinformation that we receive from third parties. Fraud Prevention
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we maypass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and otherinformation in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, toother Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations(including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention anddetection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use itfor the same purposes as set out above: (a) to our subsiduaries; (b) to ouremployees and agents to administer any accounts, products and services providedto you by us now or in the future; (c) agents who (on our behalf) profileyour data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specificneeds; (d) to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and dutiesunder our agreement with you; (f) if we have a duty to do so or if the lawallows us to do so.
6. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to delivercustomised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called"cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example,customised information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that aweb site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, todetermine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the mostpopular areas of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookiesalso allow us to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanentcookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter itevery time you visit our web site. If you wish, you can usually adjust yourbrowser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you willstill be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to additems to your cart, set up a new account or access an existing account will notbe available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when awebsite tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser tostop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type ofinternet browser programme your computer uses. Please checkwww.allaboutcookies.org for more information (Braes Equestrian is notresponsible for the content of external websites. This link will open a newwindow.)
7. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information suchas your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do notexchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
8. Your browser also generates other information, including whichlanguage the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IPaddress"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to yourcomputer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via yourinternet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, forexample, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by ourservers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We donot use your IP address to identify you personally.
9. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website.
10. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personalinformation. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you discloseon-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information anddealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for anybreach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
11. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the DataProtection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request andpayment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold onyou is incorrect please contact us.
12. Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which maybe accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies orprocedures or the content of these linked web sites.
13. If you have any comments or queries in connection with our privacypolicy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Braes Equestrianunderstands the value of privacy and will only use your details to process yourorder and provide an efficient and convenient service. We will NEVER give yourdetails to mailing list companies or divulge your personal details to othercompanies or individuals except as stated in Use of your Personal Details(legals). All information will be used lawfully i.e.: in accordance with theData Protection Act 1988.